Datum objave: 25.9.2023.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer who can help our team with building scalable data pipelines on AWS Cloud (and preferably Azure/GCP) with an exposure to data warehousing, realtime pipelines, ETL/ELT and/or data activation.
As a pipeline focused Senior Data Engineer, you will be supporting our clients on pipeline designs, implementations and researches. “No” is not an option: you strive to solve every challenge and use your creativity to come up with solutions.
Our DEPT® culture is very important to us. That is why we are eager to find not only the most talented expert in the game, but also a perfect DEPT®-fit.
We are looking for someone who is eager to learn and teach, is honest and direct. Our ideal candidate communicates clearly and brings out the best in situations and people around them.
Together with your team, you will create and deliver top-quality solutions for our clients. Some of which are brands such as smart, Nikon, Douglas, Deichmann, Nivea, UNICEF, Samsung, Reckitt,…
Along with being a DEPT®-fit some technical knowledge is required.
DATA AT DEPT®:
- A group of data-hungry colleagues that will provide you organised support
- If you grow, we grow. That’s why we’ll cheer you on with coaching and a development plan
- Clients that will make you feel like a proud ambassador
- Best of both worlds: an international leading agency with the energy of a local studio
WHAT DOES A PIPELINE-FOCUSED DATA ENGINEER AT DEPT DO:
- Lead the design, development, and implementation of end-to-end business intelligence solutions.
- Develop scalable data models and data pipelines to extract, transform, and load (ETL) data from various sources into a centralized data repository.
- Assist with the management and maintenance of the overall Business Intelligence environment, including configuration, releases, metadata, user administration and standards as requested.
- Gathering and analyzing business requirements to design data models and structures that support effective data analysis and reporting.
- Transforming raw data into meaningful metrics and accessible formats for end-users.
- Participate in data modeling, business process analysis, development of reporting functional and technical specifications and most importantly business community review of BI deployments.
- Ingesting, accessing and integrating disparate big data sources. Analyze data to ensure consistency and integrity across systems.
- Ensuring data accuracy, consistency, and relevance in reporting.
- Design and optimize data queries and procedures for performance, reliability and efficiency.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 4-5 years of experience in a data engineering role (must)
- Proficiency in designing and developing data models, visualizations, and dashboards using Power BI
- Experience in Python (must), preferably PySpark, experienced on SQL dialects
- A conceptual thinker and excellent performer of data pipeline development
- Experience with AWS and/or Azure
- Experience with Data Governance (i.e. hashing), Data Quality (i.e. Great Expectations), Code Quality (i.e. SonarCube) is welcomed
- Experience in defining, researching, testing PoCs and later rolling out full-fledged solutions that respects to principles of continuous delivery and trust into data
- Fluency in English
ON DAILY BASIS YOU WILL:
- Get involved into design and conceptualization of data retrieval, processing and delivery processes
- Identify, standardize, encrypt and transform data by applying the business logic on top
- Automate processes (Python for API connections, dbt for Transformations, Airflow for tasks, Terraform for provisioning)
- Load ownership of execution and maintenance of major analytical warehousing solutions (Databricks, Redshift, etc.), storage options (S3, HDFS, etc.)and development enablement (environments, CI/CD policies) endavours
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Transparent career development and pay
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid/remote work
- A rewarding, supportive and healthy company culture
- Meal allowance
- Travel allowance
- Apple MacBook Pro or a PC of equivalent performances
- Additional desk budget
- Christmas and yearly bonuses
- Referral bonus
- Baby bonus (10 000 HRK = 1.296,11 EUR)
- Fully paid sick leave
- Supplemental and additional health insurance
- Paid days off for special events (weddings, etc.)
- A minimum of 25 vacation days (20+ 5 collective leave days)
- Global team-building in the Netherlands at DEPT® fest
- Multisport programme
- Other bonuses, rewards and benefits; some benefits we have, some we are working on – and we are always up for recommendations 🙂
We are a technology and marketing services company that creates end-to-end digital experiences for brands such as Google, KFC, Philips, Audi, Twitch, Patagonia, eBay and more. Our team of 4000+ digital specialists across 30+ locations on 5 continents delivers pioneering work.
Our culture is built on diversity, knowledge and individuality and this culture ensures that our experts do what they excel in and gives them freedom to become even better.
We love individuals who take charge, we develop talent, share knowledge and support each other in our goal to become the best version of ourselves.
We are committed to making a positive impact on the planet and since 2021 have been Climate Neutral and B Corporation certified.
To apply, use our application form.
If you are still in doubt about choosing us, don’t hesitate to reach out and get a clearer picture of what DEPT® actually is. 🙂
Note: Visa or relocation costs are not supported. This position is located in Croatia and requires Croatian citizenship and a Croatian address.